2021 Toyota Corolla XSE
By Larry O
As more Americans discovered the quality and reliability of Toyota products, sales continued to soar. By July 1967, Toyota had become the third best-selling import brand in the United States.
The Corolla was introduced in 1968 as Toyota’s base model to the very well accepted Corona and was a instantly a huge success with American drivers. Corolla has since become the world’s all-time best-selling passenger car, with over 30 million sold in more than 140 countries.
The 12th generation Corolla returns for a second year with a new Apex Edition and updated safety features. The Corolla Apex Edition adds updated suspension changes, a bold body kit and new 18-inch wheels that combine for a better-handling Corolla. All 2021 Corolla grades add Android AutoTM compatibility and two additional airbags
For 2021 Toyota introduced the Toyota Safety Sense (TSS) which is a group of active safety features designed to protect driver and all occupant – TSS is now standard on 16 of the 2021 Toyota Models
1. Pre-Collison System with Pedestrian Detection- This integrated camera and radar system is designed to help reduce the likelihood of colliding with a preceding car or pedestrian.
2. Dynamic Radar Cruise Control- This high-tech cruise control uses radar behind the Toyota badge plus a camera on the windshield designed to adjust your speed, helping you maintain a preset distance from the car in front of you.
3. Lane Departure Alert- A camera on your windshield may help you avoid the consequences of unintended lane departure by alerting you when it senses that you have veered from your lane.
4. Automatic High Beams- A camera on your windshield aids nighttime driving by using a camera to detect headlights and taillights of preceding vehicles,and toggling accordingly between high and low beams.
5. Lane Tracing Assist- When Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC) is enabled and lane markers are visible, Lane Tracing Assist (LTA)
uses the lines on the road and preceding vehicles to help keep the vehicle centered and in its lane.
6. .Road Sign Assist- Using a forward-facing intelligent camera, Road Sign Assist (RSA) 95 94 is designed to detect speed limit signs, stop signs, Do Not Enter signs and yield signs, and display them on the MID.*
The TSS System now in its second generation has earned the Corolla another IIHS Top Safety award.
Affordable, dependable and a car that will last several hundreds of thousands of miles with proper care and maintenance make this a car you can drive today and give to your kids in 4-5 years to drive to school and college- history has shown it will last that long!
Our Corolla XSE has an MSRP of $25,925.00 as tested- combined with the TSS system- its priceless when safety is factored in. In spite of the reduced automotive usage during 2020 due to the COVID-19 there are way too many car accidents out there and auto insurance is way too expensive- Why not test drive the 2021 Corolla and see if economy, dependability and safety aren’t primary reasons to put a Corolla in your driveway?